Qualifications for filing a California Form 540 2EZ
1. California resident all year.
2. Any filing status EXCEPT married filing separate.
3. Zero (0) to three (3) dependents only.
4. Income only from wages, salaries, tips, etc.; interest up to$400.00; unemployment compensation (not taxed, but reported on line 10 of the form); and taxable scholarships (if reported on a form W-2).
5. A. For non-dependent filers: Income not more than $50,000.00 (S or HH filing status); or
$100,000.00 (MFJ or QW).
B. For dependent filers:
a. S filing status: Total income MORE than $9,361
b. MFJ or QW filing status: Total income MORE than $18,572
c. HH filing status: Total income MORE than $13,172